TYPES OF SPIRITS:
• Currently the most popular spirit throughout the world
• Originated in Russia and Poland
• Made from any carbohydrate, but usually produced by grains such as rye, corn, or wheat. Also made from produce such as potatoes or beets (beetroot)
• A neutral spirit: mostly colorless and tasteless
• Usually between 80 and 110 proof, but most vodkas are 80 proof
• Flavored vodkas: vodka with additional ingredients added after distillation. Some popular flavored vodkas are citrus, vanilla, chocolate, pepper, and berry.