|Job Description - Food and Beverage Catering Manager
Source : http://www.hoteltrainingprogramme.com
Author : Santosh
Published on : November 07, 2011
Reports to: Director of Food and Beverage
Summary: The Catering Manager is responsible for coordinating the delivery of all food & beverage functions held by the hotel in keeping with the standards as prescribed by management. The position is primarily concerned with front of house activities.
A. Sales/Profitability/Cost Control
1. Preparing bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits.
2. Maintaining bar control policies.
3. Ensure all staff have ‘Smart Serve’ certification.
4. Ensure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
5. Assisting in achieving the department’s maximum profitability and overall success by controlling cost and quality of service
1. Completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while:
a. Maintaining a labor cost below the maximum of 15%.
b. Ensuring adequate and consistent levels of service
2. Timely completion of function bills.
3. Ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for catering and vending.
4. Keeping the Director of Catering informed of purchase requirements of small wares, linens, etc.
5. Assisting with planning and attending special events when required.
C. Product Quality
1. Accurate and affective meeting and banquet room set ups as outlined in the Function Contracts.
2. Assuming responsibility of service of all functions catered by Hotel & Convention Centre.
3. Maintaining immaculate condition of all areas occupied by the catering department.
4. Ongoing awareness of all areas occupied by the catering department and completion of maintenance request forms for necessary repairs.
1. Greet clients on their arrival and orientating them with the facilities.
2. Keep all parties informed of the status of each ongoing function.
3. Ensure all contracted items are delivered on time.
4. Maintain service excellence standards.
5. Handle client complaints and problems.
6. Ensure proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
E. Sanitation & Housekeeping
1. Ensure the general housekeeping of the Grand Ballroom, Lower Lobby, Lower Public Washrooms, Storage Areas, Catering Entrance Areas.
2. Participation towards overall hotel maintenance & cleanliness.
1. Assisting the Director of Catering with interviewing, hiring and dismissal of banquet staff.
2. Orientating new staff with all aspects of the catering department.
3. Complete training of banquet staff.
4. Discipline of personnel when required.
5. Completion of performance appraisals on a semi-annual basis.
6. Effective communication skills.
7. Regular departmental meetings.
All other duties as assigned by the Director of Catering.
To Download 330 Plus Hotel Training and Management Tools, Please Visit :